Advisors, Coaches, and Mentors: You're Invited!
Inclusive Excellence in Mentoring and Advising
Thursday, March 11, 2021
Registration opens in January 2021
About the 2021 Mentoring and Advising Summit
The vision for the fourth annual Mentoring and Advising Summit is to explore how we can continue to build a strong culture of inclusion in our mentoring and advising work. As we strive to enhance and enrich Pitt’s educational offerings, it is increasingly important to embrace different ideas, critical perspectives, challenges, and lived experiences. During this virtual summit, participants will engage with and learn about specific tools, techniques, theories, and concepts to support students as they chart goals, develop enduring networks of colleagues and mentors, and sustain their pursuit of success after graduation.
Timely Topics in This Year’s Summit
- Mentoring and Advising during COVID-19
- Successful Advising from the Student’s Perspective
- Holistic and Inclusive Advising Practices
- Creating University-wide Advisor Support Systems
- Leveraging Technology to Improve Advising
Why should you attend?
- Network with colleagues who mentor, advise, and coach students.
- Get up-to-date information on topics, trends, and successful strategies on campus and nationally.
- Learn best practices that you can adapt for your program and students.
- Explore technologies that facilitate informed, effective, and efficient mentoring.
- Share your innovative solutions and strategies with colleagues.
|9 a.m.||Opening Keynote
Fireside chat with Provost and Senior Vice Chancellor Ann E. Cudd and Darris Means, Associate Professor, University of Pittsburgh School of Education
|10:10 a.m.||Concurrent Sessions I|
|11:20 a.m.||Plenary Panel
Advising Success Network
Community Circle Conversations
|1:30 p.m.||Concurrent Sessions II|
|2:40 p.m.||Concurrent Sessions III|
|3:50 p.m.||Closing Plenary
Pitt Student Advising Case Study