Mentoring & Advising Summit
The Office of the Provost hosts an annual summit that convenes mentors, advisors, and coaches to discuss new trends and best practices in mentoring and advising.
The summit focuses on specific tools, techniques, theories, and concepts that support students as they chart clear goals and direction for the future, develop enduring networks of colleagues and mentors, and sustain their pursuit of success after graduation.
- Network with other faculty and staff who mentor, advise, and coach students.
- Get up-to-date information on topics, trends, and successful strategies, locally and nationally.
- Learn best practices that you can adapt for your own program and students.
- Explore new and emerging technologies that facilitate informed, effective, and efficient mentoring and advising.
- Share your innovative solutions and strategies with colleagues.
2022 Mentoring and Advising Summit
The fifth annual Mentoring and Advising Summit explored ways to continue building a strong culture of inclusion and belonging in our mentoring and advising work.
2021 Mentoring and Advising Summit
Our 2021 Summit gave advisors, mentors, and coaches the opportunity to convene virtually to share, network, explore, and learn.
2020 Mentoring and Advising Summit
Colleagues from Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh gathered to explore how we can continue to build a strong culture of inclusion in our mentoring and advising work.
2019 Mentoring and Advising Summit
As we strive to support Pitt’s goal of excellence in education, it is increasingly important that we grow in our capacity to bring together different ideas, critical perspectives, challenges, and ways of life.
2018 Mentoring and Advising Summit
Pitt’s first undergraduate Mentoring and Advising Summit will offer opportunities to network, share ideas, and explore useful tools that will help students to succeed in their academic choices, in their careers, and in their lives.